[Bf-committers] Using C++11 features in Blender source code?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 17:23:08 CET 2013

Hi Manuel,
I need to re-visit your post to read it more through, but interesting
initiative. For some of your projects you may want to drop on irc
#bgecoders (or even #blendercoders) channel to bounce ideas before getting
down to code. Mainly to smooth out future merges.

Now to your topic:
Could you elaborate on the downsides of using C++11? (backward
incompatibility? Lack of compilers? )
And the problems of mixing it up with the existent C++ code.

Also BGE shouldn't have C code. As far as I can think of, the only part in
C are the dependencies coming from Blender or code for the embedded BGE.

Cheers,
Dalai