[Bf-committers] Ideas for Blender 2.7

Halina Kumorek - Alexandrou halina1999 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 20:56:30 CET 2013

Developers,
I have lots of ideas for developping Blender. I am making a project, which
is an animation series. Please, include those ideas below and I will be
unstopable.

1. Continue Internal Render Engine.
2. 1024 threads rendering support.
3. Setting smooth / flat shading not only for faces, but also for edges and
vertices. This is useful, for example, for smoothing the perimeter of
a cylinder without the shading of a sphere!
4. Materials which can cast light from faces, edges or vertices with all
the lamps' settings (energy, distance, samples...).
5. Rendering code simplification in order to cut render times.
6. An option which allows anti-aliased shadows, atmosphere effect and
others.
7. Inserting from table, copying and pasting characters to fields (for
example material) and text objects.
8. Mesh editing fill gaps function.
9. Correct vertical sliders. At the half of each one value is 0.25 / 1.00
instead of 0.50 / 1.00!
10. Improve the rigging system!
11. With very low start clip distance faces that are too near themselves,
not exactly overplaced, seem to be like that! Fix this, please!
12. In VERY LARGE meshes, edges (I don't undestand) are visible in rendered
image. I would like this to be also fixed!
13. Graph editor actuator. In 2.4 there was something similar, IPO actuator.
14. Fix bugs! I would like the 2.7 release with *all* reported bugs fixed!
15. Rename function "add cone" to "add cone / pyrapid".
16. Add option which disables collision in 3d view. Both 2 objects must
have this option enabled to disable collision.

Alexandros Alexandrou
22/3/2013