[Bf-committers] making blender with eclipse&MingW ...

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:17:49 CET 2013

OK, Eclipse is a tad difficult to get working with MinGW. Last time I
worked on Eclipse, I remember you had to first create a project
manually in Eclipse and then override the files by using cmake on the
same location.
Used cmake -G  "Eclipse CDT4 - MingW makefiles". Then it would work.
But to get a working debug setup and also get cycles CUDA compiling
you would also need the Windows SDK files.

Currently I am using qtcreator. Qtcreator works a bit better because
it allows you to import the cmakefile directly and provides a MinGW
generator. Also it is quite faster than Eclipse and less memory hungry
:)

To get debug builds of MinGW64 working you also need python 2.7
installed, and on qtcreator you also need to create an extra build
configuration for cmake that uses the gdb provided from MinGW64. If
you don't do that, qtcreator uses(used? Haven't updated for some time)
its internal gdb which only supports 32bit programs.

I should probably do some documentation for this procedure because it
is not exactly trivial.