[Bf-committers] Contribution for addons/io_anim_bvh, BVH file importer

Luke Tokheim luke at motionnode.com
Mon Mar 18 19:06:27 CET 2013

I would like to contribute the following changes to the Blender BVH
motion capture file importer.

- Faster file import. Create animation curves directly rather than
scrubbing the scene timeline and setting keys per frame.

- Preserve animation timing specified in the BVH file. Use the "Frame
Time: <dt>" definition in the BVH file to set keys at the proper Blender
frame time.

My changes to the 2.66 io_anim_bvh add-on:

http://db.tt/1uXHFblY

An example BVH data file:

http://www.motionshadow.com/download/media/take.bvh

Please contact me with any questions or change suggestions. Thanks!

Best regards,

Luke Tokheim
Motion Workshop
www.motionshadow.com