[Bf-committers] MSVC2010 maintainer? Python 3.3 libs missing, or only me?

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 05:40:49 CET 2013

Hi.

I think we can drop vc10 for several reasons:
1) No one actively maintains it.
2) Visual Studio 2010 works fine with regular libs if vs2008 is installed.
Also all c-only libs are working perfectly with all compilers! C++ lacks
standard ABI afaik.
3) VS 2012
Personally, I switch to 2012 version (after disabling Cap Locks menus).
Most libs work fine.
Also, I think we should support only x64 for non standard compilers (aka
not vc2008). People who download custom builds, probably have modern x64
system. It was 5 years of windows x64 (not counting xp).

Best,
Alex.