[Bf-committers] Appending objects with identical material

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Thu Mar 14 10:01:59 CET 2013

The exact same problem also appears when models are imported.
I was thinking about adding something to the Collada importer that
would allow to "reuse existing materials" .
So yes, it would be good to have such a check in Blender. And it would be
good to have access to that check function from importers (python and C)
That would help a lot ;)

-gaia-