[Bf-committers] Cineon/DPX speed up

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 00:49:20 CET 2013

On Mar 12, 2013 3:27 PM, "Julien Enche" <julien.enche at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) At the moment, the IB_test flag is not taken in account in the
> imb_load_dpx_cineon function, so color conversion happens twice. I
> haven't really find out what should be done and what can be skipped when
> this flag is set. Can you give me more information on the purpose of
> this flag so that I could adapt the code to use it efficiently (and
safely).

Is there any way we can unbind the DPX code in such a way that it uses OCIO
and merely flags it as log etc? As I understood it, the DPX code makes
assumptions on the format and decodes accordingly?

I ask because it would permit loading of different styled logs (Josh Pines
versus Cineon etc.), color primaries, etc.

Curious if it is feasible to hand the log transfer curve conversion and
color primaries off to OCIO?

With respect,
TJS