[Bf-committers] Looking for a bachelor thesis

Michele Fenu michelefenu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 20:53:38 CET 2013

Thank you all for tips, ideas and suggestions.

Before studying computer science, I studied digital cinematography and I'm
currently working in video and motion graphics as a freelancer. After
bachelor's degree I would like to continue in a master's degree in Virtual
Reality, with the (ambitious) intent to "merge" the two careers.

My interests are mainly in mixing real images with computer generated
worlds (camera mapping, motion tracking, motion capture, etc.), arguments
with which I've a lot of experience as a end user but I've no idea where to
start as a developer.

As I said in the first mail, I have no practical experience in team
collaboration, and my problem is to find a project that is suitable for me,
so i asked your help. I see this as an opportunity to learn how to
contribute to an open source project, possibly making something useful and
without wasting developers time with too many newbie problems. :)

As Ton suggested, i can take some time to deep read the wiki (and make some
coding tests) before proceeding.

Thank you again

ps: 200 hours is the amount of time expected by ECTS, but i've planned to
discuss the final project in october and i have eventually some
sleep/social-relations time to spend on the project (or preliminary
learning activities) if necessary ;)