[Bf-committers] Suggestion: Drop zip archives (Windows releases)

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 23:50:01 CET 2013

Bastien,

> Not a Windows user, but I seriously wonder what people who are not able
> to open a .7z could do with Blender? 3D programs are among the most
> complex pieces of software, so if they can’t even manage to find how to
> extract some .7z...

That might be a fair comment about some users, but it doesn't really
apply to the discussion. Unless we want to make the choice of archive
format a test of computer competence.

So we could choose an even more obscure format to make it even
harder to install, as that would have to help them or us somehow...

Harley