[Bf-committers] Suggestion: Drop zip archives (Windows releases)

Mikhail Rachinskiy mirahal at ya.ru
Sat Mar 9 20:53:04 CET 2013

Maybe we should start a pool on blenderartists?

>From my observation most of the experienced users choose 7z over zip (30% better compression is actually matter), while not experienced users do not even know how to use zip, so they always chose installer (some of them actually do not know how to use installer, i'm serious).
And about OS support, I thought linux does not have built-in 7z support too and you need to install it yourself.
And 7z will help to reduce BF servers load a bit.

Anyway pool on blenderartists should show actual users preferences.

Regards,
Mikhail Rachinskiy