[Bf-committers] Compositing output while editing

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 18:00:08 CET 2013

This change is very much what i was keeping in mind. The only thing is that
sometimes it could be nice to be able to composite Render Result while
editing. And that's why i asked question here -- want to have a bit more of
artists' opinions.

As per issue you're mentioning, my guess is that's it's not so much work to
remove Render Result/Previews clearing we\hen running compo. But didn't
check on code and let's wait for a bit of feedback :)

Currently previews will only be affected by the border. But there're some
ideas here. We'll need to implement percentage for compositor -- so you'll
be able to use the same node setup, tweak render percentage and don't wary
about nodes and result. This is what 4K ToS will benefit a lot. And once
it's implemented previews could use the same technique actually -- they
could easily use 25% of resolution.

Cache eeh... 4K ToS already showed compositor is not friendly with memory.
Don't want to make it use even more memory.