[Bf-committers] Particle instance animation starting from birth

imagenesis at gmail.com imagenesis at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 06:45:47 CET 2013

Hello, I would like to request that the following feature is added:

That when specifying an object as the particle render, we have an option to
specify that the object's animation occurs in the following ways.

1. The animation begins with the birth of the particle
2. The animation is set to the particles life, as opposed to its absolute
length

Personally, I don't particularly care about the second option but as this
was effectively possible in older versions of Blender (binding lifetime to
100 frames), perhaps other people would be interested in this.

This feature is currently supported in 3ds and its documentation can be
found here:

http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/15/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-B2DFC985-CD43-45DC-9CAC-F3052497B452.htm,topicNumber=d30e190977

Without implementation of this feature, instancing animated objects is
broken for a lot of use cases.