[Bf-committers] Texture painting considerations (preparations for bratwurst merge)

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:02:41 CET 2013

My previous answer is wrong it seems. It looks like when using the
space stroke option, the two modes (projective/2D) operate slightly
differently. Spacing is done on image/uv space for image editor and
screen space for projective texturing. That means that most of the
time, the 2D code will generate many more strokes per pixel than the
projective case (because generally texture is zoomed out in viewport).
This has the effect of getting a more intense result when painting in
the 2D view. I wouldn't count this as a bug though, it is intended
behaviour.