[Bf-committers] Render resolution question

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Sun Mar 3 00:55:22 CET 2013

Hello,

In working on some sprites I often find the need to change cameras and render dimensions. I figured I'd make a small change in the source to give cameras the option of using their own render dimensions for rendering instead. So far I have added the resolution properties and a flag entry 'CAM_USELOCALRES' to the camera. However, I can't figure out where I would need to switch between using the scene.render dimensions or the active camera's ones. For my purposes it is enough to have it switch when I'm in camera view (so that the view frame shows accordingly) and when rendering (no need for changes in OpenGL rendering, BGE, etc.). Ideally there would be one or two places where I could do something along the lines of:

if(scene.camera.flag & CAM_USELOCALRES){dimension_x = scene.camera.resX}
else{dimension_x = scene.r.xsch} //at least I think xsch is the one here?

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Patrick