[Bf-committers] "Reset to Defaults" Updated Sample Patch

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 23:59:18 CET 2013

Hello,

I've noticed that "Reset to Default Values" has not been removed.

To help in evaluating whether that feature is useful I have made a new
patch against the current state of SVN (54976).  This one adds default
values to almost all the items found only on the "Scene" panel of the
Properties editor.  I have only done that one panel because of the time
involved.  I am hoping that you can try it and wade in on whether this is
useful.

So please try the following patch:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.php/9/127/32894/24303/DefaultsAsDefinesScene.diff

Once installed you should be able to right-click on almost anything on that
panel and reset to default values including render dimensions, frame range,
etc.  It is especially nice on the "layers" region because it would not be
too obvious to many people which 6 of the 9 layers are included by default,
or which 2 of the 18 passes are enabled by default.

Cheers, Harley