[Bf-committers] security bug for blender mentioned in a security bulletin

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 02:44:43 CET 2013

Wasn't this discussed like couple of times at least already?

Discussed solution was to change default /tmp to, say ~/.cache/blender on
linux and something the same for other platforms. But this doesn't gonna to
work well because well, blender actually never delets this files and
keeping them forever in a hidden folder in home.. Not actually something i
would want to happen on my desktop.

I think we could use mc-style temporary directories, which are
/tmp/mc-$USER with 0700 file mode bits. Or maybe even include $PID to a
path, so multiple instance of blender would not interfere when Save Buffers
or FSA are enabled.

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Brecht Van Lommel <
brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> This links to a OpenSUSE bug where the status is RESOLVED/FIXED.
>
> In any case this issue has been discussed before here.
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Weird that was the link in the lwn.net notice, but it says it is blank,
> >
> > use this link instead...
> >
> > http://lwn.net/Articles/538440/
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hey all there is a security notice/bug for blender, I don't recall
> >> seeing it mentioned here before so will pass it on...
> >>
> >> http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2010-5105
> >>
> >> LetterRip

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin