[Bf-committers] Blender roadmap article on code blog

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Sun Jun 30 09:17:53 CEST 2013

Hi David,

I am confused. What takes you so long to get stuff to build?
It took me half an hour to get blender to build on MSVC 2008 with CMake the first time.
~10 minutes download time.
~10 minutes finding out what to click in CMake-GUI
~10 minutes build time.

Now when I change blender code it is a matter of 3 Minutes from pressing the compile button to testing the code. Incremental builds are great ;)