[Bf-committers] HiDPI notes for other OS'es

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sat Jun 29 16:47:09 CEST 2013

It's not a reliable value to use, because it's not correctly reported
by many monitors, and does not actually correspond to the DPI assumed
by any other UI toolkit. I've looked for the right value for quite a
while, but only conclusion I can find is that none of
Gnome/KDE/Xfce/GTK/Qt/.. have proper high DPI support on Linux/X11,
it's just not implemented. If one of them did we could copy the same
mechanism to detect DPI.