[Bf-committers] VS 2013 + Blender = ???

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Sat Jun 29 09:38:56 CEST 2013

Hi Alex,

The libs will not be compatible. All versions of MSVC since 2010 write a version string into libs. And all versions since 2012 check this string.
You can not link to libs compiled with a older version.

Also I can just repeat myself: We don't want to switch to 2013.

I would just like to keep track of the changes and try to keep blenders code compatible with future versions.

/Jürgen