[Bf-committers] VS 2013 + Blender = ???

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 04:23:32 CEST 2013

Hi Jürgen and Thomas:

 From what I understand, they just release the *preview* version of vs
2013. I would advise to wait for the final release due to possible
incompatibility between this and final versions (libs wise). I don't see
a reason to move to 2013 preview right now. We don't use C++ much and to
the full extend (except possibly Cycles) and I'm not aware of that2013
brings C11 support.
Also, if you have previous toolkit installed (vs 2012), the 2012 libs
should still be compatible with 2013. When 2013 is released, we can drop
2012 as we did with 2010. And still have 2008 as official!
As for the patch to the code to make it compliant with c++11, it would
be great addition (although gcc doesn't have issues).

Best,
Alex