[Bf-committers] VS 2013 + Blender = ???

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Fri Jun 28 23:27:29 CEST 2013

Hi Jürgen,

We used vc2008 now for like 5 years? or so, and this worked out quite
good. Probably we should update more frequently, but I see no reason to
rush things either.
It will still take some weeks or months to test vc2012 with Blender
thoroughly, to use this as a vc2008 replacement for official builds.

So let's finish the vc2012 update first, use it for official builds and
then worry about when and if we should update the next time. ;)

Thomas

Am 28.06.2013 23:14, schrieb Jürgen Herrmann:
> Sure! Switch to MinGw, but please do some good testing ;)
> I am the last not to support this ;)
>
> Am 28.06.2013 um 20:13 schrieb Cezary Kopias <cezary.kopias at gmail.com>:
>
>>  From USER: As always speed tests must be performed for such a decision.
>> Are there any new VS features that are worth mention?
>>
>> And as always i will promote mingw-w64 :]
>> just read that you can compile windows build under linux - nice
>>
>> /kopias
>>
>> On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 20:08:30 +0200, Jürgen Herrmann <shadowrom at me.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Logic error corrected inline ;)