[Bf-committers] install_deps patch

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 01:56:40 CEST 2013

All,

This past week, I had problems compiling. Embarrassing.

Anyway, point being, I ended up reinstalling my OS, so I had to run
install_deps.sh again. This time, because OpenEXR has been promoted to
2.0, I compiled it on my machine. I also made sure I ran the script
under dynamic linking.

When I finally got Blender compiling again, I tried to run it, and my
terminal said that the shared object file didn't exist. Well, last
time that happened to me was when I forgot to change the config on my
computer and run ldconfig after boost was compiled. I put in an
openexr conf file and ran ldconfig. It worked.

Because of that, I have submitted a patch to add openexr to the config
if it was compiled. The patch is #35897 at
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=35897&group_id=9&atid=127.
Please review it and let me know if I can commit it to svn. Thanks.

God Bless,
Gavin Howard