[Bf-committers] render percentage and compositor behavior?

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 12:24:53 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Sergey Sharybin <sergey.vfx at gmail.com>wrote:

> As for nodes output resolution, indeed almost any node is determing it's
> resolution from a resolution of it's inputs (exception is input nodes).

Currently Mix and Alpha Over determine their preview resolution from the
first-input, but their render resolution from something else (I suspect the
render-resolution, though it could be something else). This causes the
preview not to match the rendered-output when the first input is larger
than the render resolution.

>From your reply, it sounds like the preview behavior is correct, and the
render behavior is wrong. Aka, that Mix and Alpha Over nodes should output
in the resolution of their first input. Does that sound right? If so I'll
file a simple bug/blend.

Also not sure why different scenes would be an issue -- you're not allowed
> to render them with different resolutions when using them in compositor
> setup anyway.

 That's surprising. Why is that? I expected to be able to pipe any size
scene render into the compositor and translate it into place. Such as for
titling renders in the corner without having to render the full-size frame
of mostly black. (though I obviously havn't tried it!)