[Bf-committers] MinGW Win64 Buildbot

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 00:25:00 CEST 2013

I am also using 4.7.4 (as well as every other version of 4.7) and getting
useful results for my own purposes, but the buildbot configuration is
introducing some problems we have not figured out yet. I build normally
with my personal builds, but as soon as I use buildbot, it fails at
libbf_composite.a every time. I have also recently gotten errors with
collada in both personal and buildbot builds. What we need to do is figure
out why buildbot is introducing these errors that fail to appear in other
places.

This is the startup config I found that will manually reproduce the problem
on my system (after setting environment for 64-bit nvcc compilation):

cd B:\mingw64-scons\mingw_win64_scons\blender
C:\python27-64\python.exe build_files\buildbot\slave_compile.py
mingw_win64_scons BF_TOOLSET=mingw BF_CONFIG=user-config.py

This does not result in the same error. It compiles normally, again, after
setting environment:

cd B:\mingw64-scons\mingw_win64_scons\blender\
C:\python27-64\python.exe scons\scons.py BF_TOOLSET=mingw
BF_CONFIG=user-config.py

My only guess is that it's something buildbot's slave_compile is
introducing rather than scons.py. slave_compile.py supposedly calls
scons.py regardless and simply appends options found. I believe there is
some form of override happening that will also not take user-config.py into
account. I have user-config.py specifying NUMJOBS = 6, but it does not use
my whole system like my personal builds do. win32-scons and win64-scons
have this same behavior.

There is also supposedly a bug limiting the command line length in
mingw-w64, but I have my buildslaves in the drive's root. Not only that,
but I have built from far longer paths than where I have buildbot.

Anyway, I hope this information helps in diagnosing some sort of problem.

-- Jeffrey

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Jürgen Herrmann <shadowrom at me.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>

> I realized that there seems to be a problem with the MinGW64 Buildbots
> lately.
>
> I could spare some more processing power to provide an additional one, if
> needed.
>

> I use rubenvb's MinGW-w64 4.7.4 on my machine and everything seems to work
> well so far.
>

> /Jürgen

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover