[Bf-committers] Multiview branch feedback

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 03:32:13 CEST 2013

Hi Matt,

> In that network it looks like you're applying two translations to two multi-view streams.
The View Switch node only links the input for the "current" view.

https://github.com/dfelinto/blender/blob/multiview/blender/source/blender/compositor/nodes/COM_SwitchViewNode.cpp

So the network is only calculating one of the streams every time.
(well I'm assuming that at least, but I'm almost sure Tiles is that
smart - someone else could confirm that though).

> Is it  possible to split the individual left and right views out of a multiview stream into two single view streams though?

Yes and no. As I said, the stream that starts as multiview will end as
multiview. But if your file format it not multiview exr, you will have
two individual streams coming out of the Compositor Node (or the File
Output node).

e.g., if you render this file from the command-line:
http://www.dalaifelinto.com/ftp/tmp/network_split.jpg

You get:
http://www.dalaifelinto.com/ftp/tmp/network_split_L.jpg
http://www.dalaifelinto.com/ftp/tmp/network_split_R.jpg

(which is the same if you render and save it from the Image Editor)

Isn't that straight forward enough?
(I'm honestly asking, because although I believe it's a good solution
I may be wrong)

--
Dalai