[Bf-committers] Multiview branch feedback

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Jun 17 16:30:46 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Ronan Ducluzeau aka "zeauro"
<zeauron at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did not have time to test it seriously.
> But how should a user use vector masking with this ?
> Shall we create a mask for left view another one for right view and
> hoping that those differently created masks will perfectly fit in
> multiview ? Could it be possible to have a center view to do this kind
> of stuff with an automatic offset based on stereo camera settings to
> obtain a correct left and right masking ?

There no specific stereo/multiview support for masking and tracking at
the moment. So I guess you would have to create a mask for each side
manually for now. If you're doing VFX on stereo footage some tools and
nodes to help with this would be useful, but I don't think that will
be part of the first multiview support.

> Sebastian Schneider's add-on creates parallax plane, near and far
> planes. Is it possible to have this as camera's limits ?

I guess this could be supported in the builtin stereo camera but will
leave that to Dalai to answer.

Brecht.