[Bf-committers] Blender roadmap article on code blog

Daniel Stokes kupomail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 05:45:42 CEST 2013

I agree, "on par" was perhaps a poor choice of words. I am just trying to
make sure people look at the feature set of the free version of Unity
before jumping to any conclusions about how the BGE compares to other free
engines.

As far as I can tell, the occlusion culling and LoD features are pro only:
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/LevelOfDetail.html
http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/OcclusionCulling.html

Here is a feature listing for both Unity and Unity Pro:
http://unity3d.com/unity/licenses

I certainly agree that Unity Pro has a much stronger feature set than the
BGE. Unity in general also has much better documentation than the BGE. For
example, I could not find a similar feature listing for the BGE.

Regards,
Daniel Stokes

On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM, Benjamin Tolputt <btolputt at internode.on.net