[Bf-committers] Materials Library for Blender

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 16 10:18:49 CEST 2013

Hi,

For sure it should be .blend based. That would make it far more powerful than any format you can think of - just because it's native for Blender. Things then will work for every library collection of data you can want.

I wrote a proposal here a while ago for extending use of Blender files for templates and default data primitives to bundle. Similar system can be used for assets for projects.

See this thread
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2012-December/038657.html

It's really not too much work, I had it planned for this release even, but my coding time is low atm with a lot of organizational tasks :) I find this fun work to do, will check on it asap.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute

>>> http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/