[Bf-committers] Multiview branch, for review

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 01:58:16 CEST 2013

>> Brecht van Lommel is available next week for review.
Brecht/others, any chance you can review the code directly from github?

After I sent the patch to codereview I re-merged with trunk and on top
of that I have some fixes that are important (FSA, thread friendly
code). If I re-update the patch I either will have to cherry-pick the
new commits (not the end of the world, but ... ) or the codereview
will include the changes in trunk itself (not my code) in the blob to
be reviewed. Please let me know.

>> - Multiview and OpenEXR 2.0 migration: suggested is to move that as well, but Dalai Felinto can plea his case still (if he insists :).

I don't think the branch will be feature complete prior to 2.68, and I
can't find a good reason to rush it either. It's not even a matter of
coding, but there are still some design issues that could be tackled.

e.g.,

* Compositor: how to handle update or only one view
* Mouse for side-by-side/top-bottom modes (it may be simple, but I
suspect it's not)
 * A good way to indicate if 3-D is on
 * Probably tons of other things.

It doesn't help much that in 95% of the cases I only hear from people
when something is not working. In other words, I'm not sure if people
are already testing it and happy with the current
implementation/design decisions, or simply not testing at all (though
download numbers are not bad).

--
Dalai