[Bf-committers] Patch to add "Show/hide 3D Cursor" functionality

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 17:29:03 CEST 2013

I am a big fan of the 3d cursor, but I frequently I do wish I could hide it
as it is just distracting at times when I don't need it.  I would love to
be able to turn it on/off manually just as I can with the
transform/rotate/scale widgets.  I do think this option should probably be
on the bottom bar along with those widgets though, and not in the much
harder to access properties panel.

Additionally, we need to be careful with turning off the cursor in certain
modes.  Currently in paint mode the 3d cursor is used in the clone tool.
 So to always turn it off would be a  mistake.  A clone tool in sculpt has
not been built, but it would be cool to have that functionality as well,
which of course would use the 3d cursor.

-Sean