[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 20:55:37 CEST 2013

Something quite important has to happen in order to turn a one-to-one
attack into a virus-like problem.

As "patient zero" I get the first bad blend. It can't immediately do
something bad to me or that is the end of the infection as I will not be
able to infect anyone else. Instead it needs to make it so that any new
files I create (and/or old ones) contain the same bad behavior. Otherwise
it can't replicate.

So isn't the answer simple?  Just not allow a *script* to set any settings
related to the auto-running of scripts?