[Bf-committers] Blender build with debug symbol

Gaia gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org
Sat Jun 8 13:13:31 CEST 2013

The User interface of Visual Express has a debugger.
I just do this:

- open visual studio
- select the visual studio project that was generated by cmake
- switch to Debug
- build the INSTALL configuration.

in debug ->Exceptions:

check that all exceptions are enabled. otherwise the debugger
would just stop blender when it crashes but not step to
the source code to show you where the crash happened.

in the "solution explorer" (window on left side):

right click on "blender", from the popup menu select "setup as start
project"

- Debug -> Start Debugging