[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Yu Asakusa yu.asakusa at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 12:57:23 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 11:40 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To avoid further threads on this topic added a section to our developer FAQ.
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/FAQ#How_Does_Blender_Deal_with_Security.3F

Thank you for taking an action.  The section you added gives a clear
explanation of the stance of developers that they accept the risk of
opening an untrusted blend file.  Although a section in the
*developer* FAQ is probably not read by many users, I think it is good
as a first step toward communicating the risk to users.

Even if users have to accept some risk when they open downloaded blend
files, I hope this risk can be reduced by improving Blender in some
way.  But beyond this intuitive level, I cannot follow the discussion,
so I will leave the discussion to people who know the matter well.