[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jun 5 18:03:41 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am not proposing to make advanced system adminstration entirely impossible. It's just not a sane default to release, nor to give to everyone in a studio.

The challenge is to find out a good, sane and usable way to configure Blender securely.

It could work all fine for people in studios on daily work, and for occasional users who play with Blender and download files. And it could work for the TD to do massive data manipulations.

Needless to say: if you run a movie making bizz, you also will set up accounts and permissions in a way you protect valuable data. A user accidentally deleting every shot is not fun ever.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute