[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 08:21:21 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a normal hobby users, the biggest risk that I see is downloading a
> blend from the net and opening it. This is not something we are likely
> to give up. So, warning or not, what good is it? I need some way to
> know if the file is good or bad. I don't see an answer. I would say a
> good third of the users or more download blends for learning at least
> and often for producing their own stuff.

What might be much more useful is a program that load a blend and tell
me what it might do. For example, does it run scripts, does it have
crazy large data sets? If it runs scripts then it should be able to
show me them. It should look at the data sizes that the blend will use
and make guesses if it is too large. Naturally it should only open the
blend as data and not as blender would.
--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!