[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Tue Jun 4 21:33:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

please be aware that this topic is NOT solvable by us. Even when we make
the scripts not start on startup, it will be run on some other trigger.
Scripts are essential for running blender, think about BGE, Animations,
Rigs, UI, Operators, and many others. Turning them all off, might make
users not wanting to work with Blender. Closing it on startup does not
fix a thing. If someone wants to harm, he/she can. That has been a
proven fact in security.

Security is a big topic and we should be very aware that we are just a
small component in a much complexer environment and we have not the
influence to fix the whole environment. And not fixing it in the whole
environment will not solve anything at all.

Regards,
  - At Mind -