[Bf-committers] Patch to add a "replace" operator for vertex groups...

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 21:19:18 CEST 2013

Functionality could be useful, but buttons are getting a bit cramped
there also `assign/remove` operate on selection, replace would operate
on `all` which may be a little confusing, also, what to do with hidden
vertices?

But still, not sure this is really such a common thing to want to do,
how about add a `clear` option to the menu within the panel?

Then its just clear+assign.

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Gaia <gaia.clary at machinimatrix.org> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> While setting up a mask modifier, i found myself readjusting
> the mask vertex Group a few times like so:
>
> - select missing vertices for the mask
> - unselect superfluous vertices
> - assign selected
> - CTRL + i (to select the opposite vertices)
> - remove selected
> - see if mask now looks right...
>
> I thought, it would be just nice to have a replace vertexgroup function
> instead:
>
> - select missing vertices for the mask
> - unselect superfluous vertices
> - replace selected
>
> I believe this can be useful in general.
> It looks like this: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=52809
> And here is the patch: http://www.pasteall.org/42823
>
> So if you agree that this is an improvement, and the patch
> is ok, then i can add it.
>
> cheers,
> Gaia

- Campbell