[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Harley Acheson harley.acheson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 20:30:02 CEST 2013

That it is possible to create something bad withing a Blend file is not
enough, on its own, for this to be a threat worth considering.  Trying to
propagate a virus or other nasty behavior via Blend files would be a silly
waste of time for the perpetrator.

This is because it is not a method that can attain momentum and continue.
If I download a bad Blend file that erases my files or infects me with
something that outcome will not, in turn, lead to others being similarly
affected.  I will know where I got the file from and it will be quite easy
to ensure nobody else is similarly inconvenienced. The process has
stopped.  This is quite unlike a macro inside a Word Document or a
virus-infected executable.

Harley