[Bf-committers] Please turn off Auto Run Python Scripts by default

Yu Asakusa yu.asakusa at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 15:23:19 CEST 2013

Thank you for the reply, and especially for the pointer to the
previous discussion in April and May 2010.  I was not aware of it.

I think I took a look at all the messages in that thread in the
archive.  Now I understand it is unacceptable to some people to
disable autoruns by default.  So I will change my suggestion to the
following:  Please add an option to confirm before Blender runs Python
scripts automatically, and turn on this new option by default.
Probably this option should be ignored in the batch mode.

I tried to find this suggestion in the past thread, but I could not
find it.  Excuse me if this was already suggested and rejected for
some reason and I overlooked it, but in that case I am curious what
the reason for rejection was.