[Bf-committers] Problems with projects.blender.org subscriptions

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Jun 3 11:43:11 CEST 2013

Hi Mitchell,

We found out that (probably due to a bug) over 600 people were "monitoring" the tracker, which caused the system to send out 600 mails for every change in the tracker. That caused the mail queue to get stuck, with a load of bounces. Result was also that many updates for reports you want (when you post on a bug or subscribe to it) didn't get sent even.

For that reason the monitoring feature got disabled now. It only send mails when you assign yourself to a bug, or post on a report.

Obviously we should look at restoring useful features, but meanwhile people are also checking on a good replacement for the trackers...

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute