[Bf-committers] VC 2008 libs - OIIO

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 15:03:40 CEST 2013

We already do have informations about versions of libraries we've got in
svn. It's stored in readme.txt files and shall run out of sync with what
we've indeed have.

Updating libraries is always goes via weekly meeting to be sure all the
platforms are up-to-date. Doing other kind of libraries maintaince shall
not bump their version.

So i'd suggest sticking to text files in library folders which we've got
now. Having wiki will just add extra pace which would need to be kept
up-to-date which is rather annoying.

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:

> Hi Jürgen,
> answers inline.
>
> Am 02.06.2013 14:32, schrieb Jürgen Herrmann:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > I'll get to work right away. We should consider writing down the
> currently used versions somewhere so it's easier to stay in sync for all
> platforms.
> >
> > Is it possible to provide a list of approved libs and versions to use
> for all platforms?
> Good idea, we can make such a page inside the wiki.
> >
> > What about LLVM? Should it be downgraded to 3.1 too?
> Just keep LLVM now, after all it's a stable release and not a snapshot
> of a development line.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas
> > /Jürgen
> >
> > Am 02.06.2013 um 13:33 schrieb Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org>:
> >
> >> Ok, I made up my mind.
> >> Jürgen, please recompile OIIO 1.1.11 (latest stable one), and also OSL
> >> (which is based on that) for vc 2008 x86 and x64. For OSL you can take
> >> 1.3.0 again.
> >> I don't want mixed up libraries between platforms, and definitely no
> >> beta software in the libs.
> >>
> >> Thomas
>

> --
> Thomas Dinges