[Bf-committers] Disputed #define abuse... STACK_INIT etc

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 23:35:49 CEST 2013

This isn't a bug, the mesh is corrupt and it only worked before
because the mirror function was allocating arrays much larger then
were needed.

Running this in 2.66:
for me in bpy.data.meshes. me.validate(True)

... then loading in 2.77 newer blender works.

Will reply on code quality stuff in a bit...

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi Campbell,
>
> I can imagine it's "your" code, but I can't follow such code. Before it was quite readable, now it's something obsfucated.
>
> http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=57062
>
> I thought we should try to limit use of #defines globally in code?
> Further, optimizing is always asking for troubles...
>
> And now that code crashes (still):
> http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=35585&group_id=9&atid=498
>
> Crashes in array magic is always really hard to debug. The saner the code the better.
>
> -Ton-

- Campbell