[Bf-committers] Disputed #define abuse... STACK_INIT etc

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jun 1 15:10:34 CEST 2013

Hi Campbell,

I can imagine it's "your" code, but I can't follow such code. Before it was quite readable, now it's something obsfucated.

http://projects.blender.org/scm/viewvc.php?view=rev&root=bf-blender&revision=57062

I thought we should try to limit use of #defines globally in code?
Further, optimizing is always asking for troubles...

And now that code crashes (still):
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=35585&group_id=9&atid=498

Crashes in array magic is always really hard to debug. The saner the code the better.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute