[Bf-committers] Buildsystem: SCons

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Sat Jun 1 14:26:44 CEST 2013

Hi there,

in the last few days I tried hard to get scons running with MSVC 2012, but I
always fail.

This build System is somewhat strange to me ;)

I tried several ways to do this, first I tried to detect the compiler
version by calling cl.exe and splitting the output for the major version.

This doesn’t work because I always end up using the MSVC 2008 compiler on my
system :/ Even if I run scons from VS2012 x64 console.

Then I tried to fix that and set the lib path, but when the
win64-vc-config.py is called I can’t use if/else statements with variables
from SConscript.

My problem is that I am new to python and scons :(

I currently have not got that much time to learn this properly and I don’t
want to break things in the Scons scripts for other platforms.

It would be great if someone could take a look at this. Otherwise we’ll have
to wait until my time schedule allows me to learn and do the change

/Jürgen