[Bf-committers] Blender developer weekly meeting notes - May 26, 2013; Leap Motion

Dan Eicher dan at eu.phorio.us
Sat Jun 1 12:37:03 CEST 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Mine also arrived, I plugged in and the firmware update immediately
> ran (without asking) and failed to update with error, now the light
> wont turn on.
>
> Searching online and apparently theres some way to repair failed
> firmware update but I'll need access to a windows system.
> Possibly my own fault for extracting the deb package and running on an
> unsupported Linux disro (64bit Arch Linux).
> However all the applications run, just firmware update problem.

Sort of the same here on Fedora, fails with 'Unable to find firmware to
install' which I suppose is a little better than bricking it by trying to
install bad firmware.

The only thing I installed was the udev file since the Leap app wouldn't
connect to the device without proper permissions (I'm guessing) and all the
programs run fine like you said it just doesn't actually *do* anything.

Other than that it makes for a pretty paper weight at the very least.

Dan