[Bf-committers] EGL_CONTEXT_LOST and GL_ARB_create_context_robustness

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:09:19 CEST 2013

I think a good example of that is GPU_free_images that takes care of
centrally deallocating all resources and zeroing their identifiers. The
design here is that the data structure (image) is the owner (holds the ID
resource) of the GPU data so it is easy to invalidate the GPU data for all
owners. For shared resources this would not work if the identifier was
shared, we need to share an owner that will hold the ID and that owner can
be centrally notified for deallocation/zeroing. That means keeping a list
of owners of course.
I think GPU buffers also have an encapsulating inteface though, possibly
shaders too?
Note, GPU_free_images also deletes the resources besides zeroing the IDs,
I'm not sure if on context loss this is already done, so possibly a version
that only zeroes the IDs may need to be written.