[Bf-committers] Avoiding regressions, changes to the release cycle.

David Jeske davidj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 07:46:40 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM, Brecht Van Lommel <
brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> wrote:

> I don't think we need to freeze trunk for that however, we could just tag
> the
> new release and open up trunk for development again. Then any critical
> fixes found can be ported to the tag which would be released after
> e.g. 2 weeks or longer even.

+1

This is a very typical way I see releases stabilized. I'm only just exposed
to the details recently, but it seems like the pressure to push the RC too
fast happens specifically because trunk is frozen. If you branch the RC,
then trunk won't be frozen, the RC can be tested in due-time, and necessary
fixes applied with care.