[Bf-committers] Avoiding regressions, changes to the release cycle.

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Mon Jul 29 14:28:05 CEST 2013

Hi,
We should communicate the Buildbot resource better (too many people
still use graphicall with experimental patches blah for testing).
But if we are really strict with terms, then we are only in beta,
starting with BCon3. I would consider BCon 1 and 2 as Alpha (many new
features, lots of code cleanup..)

Suggestion:
At the beginning of BCon3 (major features are in, we work on final
touches and fixes) we take the buildbot resource and communicate that on
blender.org, blendernation etc, and ask the community to test the builds.
I don't think we need to provide special builds for a beta test, as long
as people report bugs with our official builds, all is fine

Then at the beginning/middle of BCon4, we do an RC, and then only fix
regressions, then release.

Best regards,
Thomas

--