[Bf-committers] Avoiding regressions, changes to the release cycle.

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Mon Jul 29 14:19:41 CEST 2013

Hi Bastien,

IMHO the build bot builds are more of nightly development builds. Most users don't even look at them.
A real beta could be built at the beginning of BCON4 and advertised on the website so users are aware if that.
Then we do a RC after regressions are fixed and release the final build a week or two later.
We could get a much longer testing time and more feedback.

/Jürgen