[Bf-committers] GL_SELECT

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 13:11:25 CEST 2013

My opinion about picking is that it is OK that picking is coupled to the
drawing code because we are picking what is being drawn.  That is generic
programming.  It seems like otherwise you'd have twice as much code with
two branches that need to be kept in sync.

I'd rather explore features that could make both drawing and picking
better, while still reusing the code for specifying what is drawn/picked.

Maybe the problem isn't that picking/drawing code is coupled, but that both
are coupled to other code?  Maybe it is that geometry specification needs
to be decoupled from state that has only to do with either picking or
rasterization.